|Who is eligible for a Japan Bus Pass
||A non-Japanese tourist visiting Japan with temporary visitor status.
To use a Japan Bus Pass, you must show the temporary visitor stamp in your passport.
You can acquire temporary visitor status by indicating your purpose is sightseeing when entering Japan.
||Bus Passes are valid for two months from the date of purchase.
||4-row seat: (STANDARD, THEATER , RELAX, RELAX《NEW》, RELAX with restroom, COMPACT RELAX, RELAX with personal monitor, RELAX with extra spacious seats.)
Only the bus that is operated by WILLER group is available.
|Blackout dates (Until Jan. 4)
||Dec.26 to Jan.4
|Terms and Conditions
- Reservations cannot be made for the same route on the same day.
- You can reserve a round trip at the same day with one pass if at least one of them is a daytime bus.
- You cannot reserve two overnight buses on the same day.
- You can reserve two daytime buses on the same day.
- If you wish to make connections, please be informed that the minimum layover time required is 1 hour.
- Buses may run behind schedule depending on the transportation conditions.
- The traveler is responsible for confirming their travel itinerary. Please allow for ample time between bus transfers / connections.
- Overnight Bus: Reservations made for buses that depart after midnight will count for the previous day.
Example: A bus listed as departing at 25:00, Jan. 10 actually departs at 1 a.m., Jan. 11
- You can not earn Willer points if you booked the bus with Japan Bus Pass.
- You may make reservations for up to three buses per day.
|Examples of using a Bus Pass
The right ways to use a Bus Pass
Daytime Bus + Overnight Bus on the same day
E.g.: Nagoya⇒Tokyo(Daytime)+ Tokyo⇒Nagoya (Overnight)
E.g.: Hiroshima⇒Osaka(Daytime)+ Osaka⇒Tokyo (Overnight)
E.g.: Nagoya⇒Osaka(Daytime)+ Osaka⇒Tokyo (Overnight)
E.g.: Tokyo⇒Nagoya, Nagoya⇒Osaka and Osaka⇒Tokyo
Daytime Bus + Daytime Bus on the same day
E.g.: Osaka⇒Nagoya(Daytime)+ Nagoya⇒Osaka (Daytime)
E.g.: Hiroshima⇒Osaka(Daytime)+ Osaka⇒Nagoya (Daytime)
The wrong ways to use a Bus Pass
Overnight Bus + Overnight Bus on the same day
E.g.: Nagoya⇒Tokyo (Overnight)+ Tokyo⇒Nagoya (Overnight)
E.g.: Hiroshima⇒Osaka (Overnight) + Osaka⇒Tokyo (Overnight)
Same route on the same day
E.g.: Osaka⇒Hiroshima (Daytime)+ Osaka⇒Hiroshima (Overnight)
The transfer time between one ride and the other one is less than 1 hour
Please click here to see the Bus Pass model route page.
E.g.: Hiroshima⇒Osaka (arrive at 22:15)+ Osaka (Depart at 22:40) ⇒Tokyo
- A Japan Bus Pass can only be used by one person. If there are additional members in your party, everyone needs to purchase a pass.
- After you purchase a Bus Pass, you have to reserve to take on the bus. Please aware that you NEED to make reservations in advance or you cannot board the bus.
- A reservation number is required for boarding. Please show your number to the bus driver.
The Japan Bus Pass is a ticketless service. A confirmation email will be sent to your email address immediately after you make a reservation.
You can check your reservation and purchase history on "My Page".
- The pass can only be used by the person to whom it is issued. Photo identification is required to board using the Japan Bus Pass. This may be in the form of a passport, international drivers license or other government issued ID. We regret that adults without a proper ID will not be able to board the bus.
- We recommend you check the seat availability of each route for your journey before purchasing a Bus Pass.
|Cancellation Policy for bus reservation
- You can cancel your Bus Pass reservations via "My Page" until the day before your departure date.
- After you complete the cancellation, your Bus Pass will remain unused. You can still make reservations within the validity period.
However, if you cancel on the departure date or do not take the bus (no-show), the portion of the pass cannot be used again.
- Please note that the portion of the Japan Bus Pass that was canceled on the departure date cannot be returned to "UNUSED" status.
|Japan Bus Pass Refunds
- Unused portions of the Japan Bus Pass are *NOT* eligible for a partial refund.
- Also, we will not refund unused expired Bus Passes, so please be aware of your Bus Pass's validity period.
- If you request a refund on your unused Bus Pass via "My Page" within the validity period, we will refund your money in full.
If no refund request is made within that period, we will be unable to refund your money.
- If on the day the trip begins, you decide to cancel and don’t want to use the Bus Pass any more, please contact us as soon as possible.
We will refund your money less the 50% cancellation fee.